Next Workshops: (at
the factory in Mexico, Missouri):
20 & 21, 2022
Sport Planes will host a Zenith workshop class in
Cloverdale, California, immediately before their annual fly-in Open House
on Saturday, May 21, 2022.
16 & 17
kit airplane building workshop at the Zenith kit aircraft
factory in Mexico, Missouri. This workshop class is
immediately before the "Fly In to Summer" event on
Saturday, June 18 at the Zenith kit aircraft factory.
A hands-on introductory workshop on building an all-metal Zenith
Aircraft kit plane.
If you've always dreamed of building your own airplane, or simply
want to learn more about all-metal aircraft construction, Zenith Aircraft Company is
providing you with the opportunity to learn all about building a Zenith
kitplane at one of
its factory workshops, where you can actually start building your own airplane. The
workshops are coordinated by Zenith Aircraft staff and held right in the factory. Small
group sizes make the workshops very productive and educational.
During the educational workshop you can start building your own
Zenith kit aircraft (the rudder tail section of either the Zenith
or STOL series),
and learn about:
- Reading and understanding blue-prints (plans & manuals)
- Principles of sheet-metal construction
- The advantages of working with sheet-metal (vs. other materials)
- Metal aircraft building and assembly techniques and tips
- Measuring, drilling and riveting (assembling the kit)
- Tools, workshop and skills required to build your all-metal aircraft
- Hints and short-cuts in assembling a kit
- Metal kit aircraft maintenance and corrosion protection
- The advantages of building, owning and flying a Zenith kit aircraft
- and much more...
Come prepared to work and experience first-hand how you can build
your own kit airplane! You don't need any experience, skills or tools to attend.
WORKSHOP LOCATION: At the Zenith Aircraft
factory at Mexico Memorial Airport, Mexico, Missouri (100 miles west of St. Louis).
Accommodations available locally. Note: Demo flights can also be scheduled during the
|"As the rudder takes shape, the first-time builders take
pride in their new-found skills and begin to feel confident about their ability to
complete a kitplane. The initial fears have gone, to be replaced by planning for extra
workspace... Workshops are great morale boosters and an excellent way to test the water
without making a huge upfront commitment. We highly recommend them."
- "Testing the Waters: A weekend workshop like
Zenith Aircraft's sheetmetal course lets you try before you buy." KITPLANES magazine,
September 1993, pages 34 to 39, by LeRoy Cook.